Business Development Lead
TITLE: Business Development Lead
DEPARTMENT: Enterprise Partnerships
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time Regular
LOCATION: Kansas City-based highly preferred but accepting remote applicants
COMPENSATION: Salary + uncapped quarterly commission
Awarded Silicon Prairie’s Startup of the Year, Bungii is a rapidly growing, tech-enabled company that is disrupting the transportation industry. We’ve been compared to popular ride-sharing apps but instead of delivering people, we deliver products. Our niche is on-demand, large item, last mile delivery. Our platform integrates directly with our enterprise partners or through orchestration platforms to meet delivery and logistics needs across multiple industry verticals. Founded in 2015, we’ve raised capital funding from top VCs nationwide.
As we continue our aggressive growth, we’re looking for a Business Development Lead to join our Enterprise Partnerships team. The person we are looking for is competitive, gritty, solution-oriented, data-driven, customer obsessed and can work both independently and with teams to accomplish goals. They have proven success sourcing new business and developing those relationships into long-term partnerships. They leverage data and analysis to make informed decisions. Most importantly they love the thrill of building unique and robust solutions to solve a client’s problems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Achieve a deep understanding of the last mile, big and bulky delivery industry and how the Bungii value proposition can drive growth with business partners; own the deal process by strategically prospecting, establishing relationships and building trust with key partners.
- Leverage our resources and your creativity to drive strategic business partner development initiatives. This includes leading the development of sales presentations, proposals, and other sales collateral to effectively communicate the value proposition of the company’s products and services to enterprise clients.
- Build lasting relationships with partners and prospects through solution selling and positive influence to grow their multi-channel customer strategies.
- Analyze the key metrics of partners business models to identify, understand and unlock the drivers of growth and expansion.
- Manage and maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities, including maintaining a robust pipeline of potential enterprise clients and forecasting revenue growth opportunities.
- Achieve and consistently exceed quarterly/annual goals and OKRs.
- Steer the development, adoption and scaling of new opportunities by developing the pitch and positioning new lines of business or partner segments.
- Support CRO in creative business growth, new strategic partnership strategies, and team process development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g. operations, product, customer success) to ensure alignment and integration of enterprise sales efforts.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- An entrepreneurial mind set with a nose for opportunity and risk.
- Capacity to move fast as well as an eagerness to take on new roles and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with little direction, a self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and ownership.
- 5+ years experience in early stage business development, account management, client success, or strategic partnerships in technology or high growth / early stage startups.
- Not afraid to get dirty and roll up your sleeves to achieve results.
- Confident, poised, and articulate presenter and communicator.
- The ability to rapidly adapt to changing environments.
- Analytical mindset and strong use of data-driven decision making.
- Passion and experience working in or serving clients in ecommerce, marketplaces, retail, the shared economy and/or logistics industry.
- You are naturally optimistic but not blinded by conviction.
- Preferred: bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (e.g., Finance, Marketing, etc.) or a quantitative discipline.
- Preferred: management consulting or experience with high growth technology, retail or logistics industry verticals.
- Willingness to travel every few weeks for prospect/client meetings, as well as industry conferences.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Competitive compensation, based upon experience
- Participation in our equity incentive plan
- Flexible work options
- Unlimited vacation
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage with employer paid premiums
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
- Experience building the world’s fastest and most reliable on-demand, large item delivery platform
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BUNGII
- We’re curious – We ask why. We figure out the reason it didn’t work. We explore solutions. We never stop learning.
- We persevere – We overcome obstacles. We believe in the power of grit. We are tenacious about solving problems.
- We communicate – We ask for help. We listen with curiosity. We discuss ideas, roadblocks and solutions. We kindly argue.
- We’re customer obsessed – We work tirelessly for our customers. We solve their problems and earn their trust. We delight them.