What is this page for?
This page is designed to keep you updated with everything Bungii. We frequently share tips, best practices, app update information and news. This page is updated as changes occur, so check in from time to time to see what's new.
Build your business
Help spread the word about Bungii! Enroll in our customer referral program: Give $10, get $10. For every new customer you refer to Bungii, we'll give them $10 off and put $10 straight into your bank account. It's that easy. Here's how it works:
Text our support number @ (913) 353-6683 to sign up for the program and get your unique promo code.
Order your business cards below. You'll have to create an account and enter your assigned promo code for tracking purposes.
For every trip that gets completed with your promo code, we'll put $10 into your bank account (paid out quarterly).
We encourage you to think out of the box. To get your creative juices flowing, here are some ideas fellow drivers had:
Post on Nextdoor, Craigslist, Facebook, OfferUp and other similar platforms.
Pass out cards at colleges or universities, especially during move in/move out season.
Swing by estate sales and furniture stores and have their employees use your code to refer their customers.
Give the Costco loading dock employees your cards incase the customer misjudged the size of the purchase and it doesn't fit in their car.
Hand out cards at IKEA, Nebraska Furniture Mart or other big box stores.
We've even had a driver mention hiring cheap labor off of Craigslist to help pass out cards. (We think that's great!)
1. How can I see my distance from the pickup location?
- When you view the details of an available trip, the first piece of information listed is ‘Time to Pickup’. That will show a minutes estimate to the pickup location. That page will also include trip mileage and estimated earnings.
2. I just accepted a trip request. What should I do now?
After you accept a request, we always recommend calling the customer to confirm details about the trip. This will help protect you from any unnecessary "surprises" once you arrive at the pickup location. A few things to verify would be :
Items being moved
Help loading & unloading
Example: "Hi, this is your Bungii driver, Josh. I just wanted to call to introduce myself and run over some details. It looks like you are moving a couch today. Is that all? Great, and to double check, do you have someone available to help load and unload? Excellent! I will be headed your way in just a few minutes! I have (*enter pickup address) as the pickup address, is that correct? Awesome, I will see you soon!"
3. Can I get turn-by-turn directions in the app?
- Yep! During a Bungii, tap the address at the top of your screen and you will be directed to your phone's native mapping application.
4. Can I bring a family member or friend along with me during Bungiis?
- Only the Bungii driver completing the trip may be in the vehicle during a Bungii delivery.
5. Why does my customer always have the same phone number?
- For safety and security, we added a forwarding feature that masks customer and driver phone numbers. It might look like you are calling/texting your previous customer, but trust us, you're not!
6. At what point of the Bungii do I start making money?
- You begin earning when you slide the, “Slide to Start Loading” slider. During trips, it’s important to stay on top of your slider because forgetting to slide means you’re leaving money on the table.
7. The estimated driver earnings for this trip says $32. How is this estimated?
- Estimates are based upon time and mileage from the pickup to drop off location + 15 minutes for loading/unloading. In many cases, loading and unloading can take longer than 15 minutes, so the driver's actual earnings would be higher on those trips.
8. What do I do when there is more than 1 drop off location?
- If the customer has more than 1 drop off location we can absolutely do that! Just leave your trip in the ‘driving to drop off’ phase in the app after the first drop off location. That way we can accurately track your time and keep you connected with the customer.
9. Can I make 2 trips for the customer?
- Of course! If the customer needs you to make 2 trips to move all their items you can leave your trip in the ‘driving to drop off’ or ‘unloading phase’ so we can keep the clock running and so you remain connected with the customer through the app.
10. The customer wants me to stay and help move items around their home. How do I handle that?
- You can stay as long as the customer needs you! As long as they’re aware it is still $1/minute, you can remain in the unloading phase of the trip and help them move items around their drop off location.
11. Can the customer ride in my vehicle with me?
- Customers are not permitted to ride with Bungii drivers under any circumstance.
12. I’m arriving at the pickup address and it’s an estate sale or retail store. I don’t think my customer is here. How should I proceed?
- Find an employee, greet them, introduce yourself and say you’re a Bungii driver here to pick up the [item] for [customer’s name]. Show the business your driver app displaying the customer's name for proof of the pick up.
- If requested by the store, contact the customer for a picture of the receipt. You may also need to text the Bungii support line (913-353-6683) for photos of the item(s) you'll be picking up.
- Especially at partnerships, please be as upbeat and professional as possible. You may be their first Bungii interaction; positive first impressions are imperative. You are the face of Bungii and your actions will solidify (or weaken) our partnerships.
13. There was only 1 item in the picture, but now that I’ve arrived the customer wants me to haul items that were not pictured. Should I move everything?
- Absolutely! You can move items that were not pictured in the initial request. We do not charge the customer by the item, we charge them by time. That means the more they need moved, the higher your final earnings will be.
14. I just arrived at the pickup location and it is for junk removal. How should I proceed?
- Ask your customer which dump/landfill they’re using and how much the dump charges. If they have cash to cover the dump fee, you can take it from there. If they don’t, the customer can meet you at the dump to pay the fee.
15. I’m seeing a request come through for a fridge/big appliance. Should I accept?
- A lot of Bungii drivers sport their own dollies for these occasions. If the customer supplies sufficient assistance and you feel comfortable with the move, it's all yours.
- If you decide to move an applicance for a customer, you are not permitted to handle water lines (i.e. dish washers/washer machines). In the event of water leakage/flooding, you will be held liable if you tinker with water lines. You should allow the customer to detach all water lines before handling the appliance.
16. What is trip stacking?
- Trip stacking is a feature that lets you accept your next trip when you're already on a trip. This was designed to cut out wait time in between trips. Check out the video below to see how it works.
17. How does trip scheduling work?
- Trip scheduling allows drivers to accept a delivery that will take place at a future time. You may also be paired with a second driver with trip scheduling. See how it all works in the video below.
18. Why do I get texted about pending Bungiis?
- We’ll text you if there’s an unanswered trip in your area. We realize life can get busy and it’s easy to forget to go online. We’ve found that a quick text can lead to more money in your pockets.
- By the time we text you the trip is about to expire so if you’re able, please go online and accept the trip request immediately.
- Note: Drivers who are online get first trip priority; you’ll make more money by being online.
19. My earnings page in the app hasn’t updated. How long does that usually take?
- If you are a new driver-- Welcome to the team! It takes 3-5 business days for your account to be verified after your first trip. After that, It typically takes 1-4 business days after a completed trip for your earnings to be deposited into your account and for it to show on your earnings page. If your earnings aren’t deposited after 4 days please text our support line so we can resolve any payment issues.
20. What happens if I need to cancel a trip?
- If you have an emergency and need to cancel a scheduled Bungii, you'll be able to contact Bungii support to cancel your trip. Keep in mind, more than 2 cancellations within a 3 month period will be grounds for termination.
21. How do I get great ratings and better tips?
- Communication is key. Customers value a high level of communication right off the bat. This includes calling or texting your customers as you’re en route to introduce yourself and let them know your ETA.
- In addition, maintain a positive attitude and a solution-oriented mindset. Problems will occur and the way you handle them will be a direct reflection of you and your ratings.
22. Will I receive a 1099 from Bungii?
- The 1099-K form reports all on-trip transactions between customers and Bungii drivers and is required to be distributed if a driver earns at least $20,000 in gross payments and provides at least 200 trips. If you do not meet both of these criteria, you will not receive a 1099-K.
- We will provide you with a 1099-Misc if you received at least $600 in non-trip payments (i.e. referrals, on-call payments).
23. Where can I get Bungii gear?
- You can order magnets and T-shirts from the Bungii store here: Bungii.com/store. More merchandise coming soon!
24. I have a cool idea/feature that I would like to see in the app. Can I share it?
- Please do! We’re constantly looking for ways to make Bungii a useful and relevant part of your life. There’s lots of upgrades and new features coming your way and we’re always open to hear your thoughts. Shoot us a text at our support line: (913) 353-6683.