What is this page for?
This page is designed to keep you updated with everything Bungii. We frequently share tips, best practices, app update information and news. This page is updated as changes occur, so check in from time to time to see what's new.
Introducing the beta version of our brand-new customer referral program: Give $10, get $10. For every new customer you refer to Bungii, we'll give them $10 off and put $10 straight into your bank account. It's that easy. Here's how it works:
- Sign up for the program by texting our support number: (913) 353-6683
- We'll assign you a unique promo code (and give you some promo cards).
- For every trip that gets completed with your promo code, we'll put $10 into your bank account.
We encourage you to think out of the box. To get your creative juices flowing, here are some ideas fellow drivers had:
- Pass out cards at colleges or universities, especially during move in/move out season.
- Swing by estate sales and furniture stores and have their employees use your code to refer their customers.
- Give the Costco loading dock employees your cards incase the customer misjudged the size of the purchase and it doesn't fit in their car.
- Post on Craigslist, OfferUp and other similar platforms.
- Hand out cards at IKEA, Nebraska Furniture Mart or other big box stores.
- We've even had a driver mention hiring cheap labor off of Craigslist to help pass out cards. (We think that's great!)
For any additional questions (or to just get started), text our support number: (913) 353-6683. We're excited to get the ball rolling! Please note: Since this is the beta version of the program only the first 25 drivers to sign up will be assigned a promo code.
I just accepted a trip request. What should I do now?
After you accept a request, we always recommend calling the customer to confirm details about the trip. This will help eliminate any unnecessary "surprises" once you arrive at the pickup location. A few things to verify would be :
Items being moved
Help loading & unloading
Example: "Hi, this is your Bungii driver, Josh. I just wanted to call to introduce myself and run over some details. It looks like you are moving a couch today. Is that all? Great, and to double check, do you have someone available to help load and unload? Excellent! I will be headed your way in just a few minutes! I have (*enter pickup address) as the pickup address, is that correct? Awesome, I will see you soon!"
Why does my customer always have the same phone number?
- For safety and security, we added a forwarding feature that masks customer and driver phone numbers. It might look like you are calling/texting your previous customer, but trust us, you're not!
The estimated driver earnings for this trip says $21. How is this estimated?
- Estimates are based upon time and mileage from the pickup to drop off location + 15 minutes for loading/unloading. In many cases, loading and unloading can take longer than 15 minutes, so the driver's actual earnings would be higher on those trips.
This trip I’m about to accept looks like it’ll require a lot of loading/unloading. Is it worth it?
- Yes! You’re getting paid per minute. With that being said, be sure to work quickly and efficiently when loading and securing items to ensure a high driver rating.
At what point of the Bungii do I start making money?
- You begin earning when you slide the, “Slide to Start Loading” slider. During trips, it’s important to stay on top of your slider because forgetting to slide means you’re leaving money on the table.
Can I accept tips?
- Absolutely! We've made it seamless for your customers to tip. If they ask, mention that tipping is available in-app after the Bungii is complete. Of course, cash tips may be accepted as well.
Can I get turn-by-turn directions in the app?
- Yep! During a Bungii, tap the address at the top of your screen and you will be directed to your phone's native mapping application.
I’m arriving at the pickup address and it’s an estate sale or retail store. I don’t think my customer is here. How should I proceed?
- Find an employee, greet them, introduce yourself and say you’re a Bungii driver here to pickup the [item] for [customer’s name]. Most of the time that should do it but if more info is needed give the customer a quick call to figure out the details.
- Especially at partnerships, please be as upbeat and professional as possible. Chances are that you’re their first Bungii interaction; positive first impressions are imperative. You are the face of Bungii and your actions will solidify (or weaken) our partnerships.
I’m seeing a request come through for a fridge/big appliance. Should I accept?
- A lot of Bungii drivers sport their own dollies for these occasions. We don’t recommend accepting big appliances unless you have an appliance dolly to help lighten the load.
Why do I get texted about pending Bungiis?
- We’ll text you if there’s an unanswered trip in your area. We realize life can get busy and it’s easy to forget to go online. We’ve found that a quick text can lead to more money in your pockets.
- By the time we text you the trip is about to expire so if you’re able, please go online and accept the trip request immediately.
- Note: Drivers who are online get first trip priority; you’ll make more money by being online.
I just arrived at the pickup location and it’s for junk removal. How should I proceed?
- Ask your customer which dump/landfill they’re using and how much the dump charges. Mention that if they have cash to cover the dump fee, they don’t have to make the trip out and you can take it from here. As always, if you have questions please text our support line: (913) 353-6683.
Why do I get a request when I'm already on a trip?/What is trip stacking?
- Trip stacking is a feature that lets you accept your next trip when you're already on a trip. This was designed to cut out wait time in between trips. Check out the video below to see how it works.
How do I get great ratings and better tips?
- Communication is key. Customers value a high level of communication right off the bat. This includes calling or texting your customers as you’re en route to introduce yourself and let them know your ETA.
- In addition, maintain a positive attitude and a solution-oriented mindset. Problems will occur and the way you handle them will be a direct reflection of you and your ratings.
I have a cool idea/feature that I would like to see in the app. Can I share it?
- Please do! We’re constantly looking for ways to make Bungii a useful and relevant part of your life. There’s lots of upgrades and new features coming your way and we’re always open to hear your thoughts. Shoot us a text at our support line: (913) 353-6683.