What is this?
This page is designed to keep you updated with everything related to driving with Bungii. We'll frequently share tips, tricks and best practices as we learn together. The goal is to update this section on a bi-weekly basis so check in from time to time to see if there's new information here.
As of the April 20th release, a new feature called trip stacking is available. This lets you accept your next trip when you're already on a trip. See the video below:
The minimum driver cut for this trip says $19. How is this estimated?
- Estimates are based upon time and mileage from the pickup to drop off location + 15 minutes for loading/unloading. In most cases, loading and unloading will take longer than 15 minutes so the driver minimum cut is most likely on the low end of your actual earnings.
This trip I’m about to accept looks like it’ll require a lot of loading/unloading. Is it worth it?
- Yes! You’re getting paid per minute. With that being said, be sure to work quickly and efficiently when loading and securing items to ensure a high driver rating.
At what point of the Bungii do I start making money?
- You begin earning when you slide the, “Slide to Start Loading” slider. During trips, it’s important to stay on top of your slider because forgetting to slide means you’re leaving money on the table.
Can I accept tips?
- Absolutely! We've made it seamless for your customers to tip. If they ask, mention that tipping is available in-app after the Bungii is complete. Of course, cash tips may be accepted as well.
Can I get turn-by-turn directions in the app?
- Yep! During a Bungii, tap the address at the top of your screen and you will be directed to your phone's native mapping application.
I’m arriving at the pickup address and it’s an estate sale or retail store. I don’t think my customer is here. How should I proceed?
- Find an employee, greet them, introduce yourself and say you’re a Bungii driver here to pickup the [item] for [customer’s name]. Most of the time that should do it but if more info is needed give the customer a quick call to figure out the details.
- Especially at partnerships, please be as upbeat and professional as possible. Chances are that you’re their first Bungii interaction; positive first impressions are imperative. You are the face of Bungii and your actions will solidify (or weaken) our partnerships.
I’m seeing a request come through for a fridge/big appliance. Should I accept?
- A lot of Bungii drivers sport their own dollies for these occasions. We don’t recommend accepting big appliances unless you have an appliance dolly to help lighten the load.
Why do I get texted about pending Bungiis?
- We’ll text you if there’s an unanswered trip in your area. We realize life can get busy and it’s easy to forget to go online. We’ve found that a quick text can lead to more money in your pockets.
- By the time we text you the trip is about to expire so if you’re able, please go online and accept the trip request immediately.
- Note: Drivers who are online get first trip priority; you’ll make more money by being online.
I just arrived at the pickup location and it’s for junk removal. How should I proceed?
- Ask your customer which dump/landfill they’re using and how much the dump charges. Mention that if they have cash to cover the dump fee, they don’t have to make the trip out and you can take it from here. As always, if you have questions please text our support line: (913) 353-6683.
How do I get great ratings and better tips?
- Communication is key. Customers value a high level of communication right off the bat. This includes calling or texting your customers as you’re en route to introduce yourself and let them know your ETA.
- In addition, maintain a positive attitude and a solution-oriented mindset. Problems will occur and the way you handle them will be a direct reflection of you and your ratings.
I have a cool idea/feature that I would like to see in the app. Can I share it?
- Please do! We’re constantly looking for ways to make Bungii a useful and relevant part of your life. There’s lots of upgrades and new features coming your way and we’re always open to hear your thoughts. Shoot us a text at our support line: (913) 353-6683.