Please reference this letter if your Essential Worker status is in question: COVID-19 Essential Worker Verification
After you accept a request, Call the Customer to introduce yourself and confirm details about the trip. This will help protect you from any unnecessary “surprises” once you arrive at the pickup location. A few things to verify would be :
Items being moved
Help loading & unloading
Example: “Hi, this is your Bungii driver, Josh. I just wanted to call to introduce myself and run over some details. It looks like you are moving a couch today. Is that all? Great, and to double check, do you have someone available to help load and unload? Excellent! I will be headed your way in just a few minutes! I have (*enter pickup address) as the pickup address, is that correct? Awesome, I will see you soon!”
Yep! During a Bungii, tap the address at the top of your screen and you will be directed to your phone’s native mapping application.
Only the Bungii driver completing the delivery may be in the vehicle during a Bungii.
For safety and security, customer and driver phone numbers are masked. It might look like you are calling/texting your previous customer, but trust us, you’re not!
Estimates are based upon time and mileage from the pickup to drop off location + the customer’s estimated loading/unloading for the delivery. If the actual delivery time/mileage differs from the customer’s estimation, your earnings may vary.
Of course! If the customer needs you to make 2 trips to move all their items you can leave your app in the ‘unloading phase’ for the remainder of the assignment.
- Find an employee, greet them, introduce yourself and say you’re a Bungii driver here to pick up the [item] for [customer’s name].
- Show the business your driver app displaying the customer’s name, photos of the item and receipt (you may have to request from customer) for proof of the pick up.
- Please be as upbeat and professional as possible. You may be their first Bungii interaction; positive first impressions are imperative. You are the face of Bungii and your actions will solidify (or weaken) partnerships.
Ask your customer which dump/landfill they’re using and how much the dump charges. If they have cash to cover the dump fee, you can take it from there. If they don’t, the customer can meet you at the dump to pay the fee.
- A lot of Bungii drivers sport their own dollies for these occasions. If the customer supplies sufficient assistance and you feel comfortable with the move, it’s all yours.
- If you decide to move an applicance for a customer, you are not permitted to handle water lines (i.e. dish washers/washer machines). In the event of water leakage/flooding, you will be held liable if you tinker with water lines. You should allow the customer to detach all water lines before handling the appliance.
We’ll text you if there’s an unanswered trip in your area. We realize life can get busy and it’s easy to forget to go online. This quick text can lead to more money in your pockets.
By the time we text you the trip is about to expire so if you’re able, please go online and accept the trip request immediately.
- Note: Drivers who are online get first trip priority; you’ll make more money by being online.
It takes 3-5 business days for your account to be verified after your first delivery. After that, it typically takes 1-4 business days after a completed trip for your earnings to be deposited into your account and for it to show on your earnings page. If your earnings aren’t deposited after 4 days please text our support line.
If you have an emergency and need to cancel a scheduled Bungii, you can contact Bungii support to cancel your trip. Keep in mind, more than 2 cancellations within a 3 month period is grounds for termination.
The 1099-K form reports all on-trip transactions between customers and Bungii drivers and is required to be distributed if a driver earns at least $20,000 in gross payments and provides at least 200 deliveries. If you do not meet both of these criteria, you will not receive a 1099-K.
Build Your Business
Help spread the word about Bungii! Enroll in our customer referral program: Give 10, get 10. For every new customer you refer to Bungii, we’ll give them 10% off and put $10 straight into your bank account. It’s that easy. Here’s how it works:
Text our support number @ (913) 353-6683 to sign up for the program and get your unique promo code.
Order your business cards below. You’ll have to create an account and enter your assigned promo code for tracking purposes.
For every trip that gets completed with your promo code, we’ll send you a $10 check (paid out quarterly).
We encourage you to think out of the box. To get your creative juices flowing, here are some ideas fellow drivers had:
Post on Nextdoor, Craigslist, Facebook, OfferUp and other similar platforms.
Pass out cards at colleges or universities, especially during move in/move out season.
Swing by garage sales and estate sales and have them use your code to refer their customers.
We’ve even had a driver mention hiring cheap labor off of Craigslist to help pass out cards. (We think that’s great!)